Labels

films (5) food (10) general (19) me (11) motherhood (7) Movie (3) movies (4) myself (2) oscars 2008 (1) pune - kids (3) review (2) vacation (1)

Sunday, April 02, 2006

opening up the skies

Cheap fare airlines are one of the best things happening in India right now. In the last 6 months I have flown all of them except GoAir (They have started service Pune only last month). I have done Kingfisher, Spice jet and Air deccan. Kingfisher by far surpasses all the others as far as service is concerened. they don't let you feel as if you are flying budget. Air Deccan is one of the cleanest, has nice spacious seats, though service leaves a lot to be desired. I had some strange experiences with the airline a week or so back. When we arrived at the check in counters, passengers of a previous flight had blocked them because their flight was delayed indefinitely! I attributed it more to the earthy and rowdy northern culture, than bad service. A tells me this is not the first time something like this has happened with Deccan air. He seems to have scant appreciation for any of these new airlines.. Someone who usually flies first class on BA would'nt I guess.
It is the best thing that has happened to me though. I love travelling and this has given me a chance to travel much more than I could afford to.

No comments: