Labels

films (5) food (10) general (19) me (11) motherhood (7) Movie (3) movies (4) myself (2) oscars 2008 (1) pune - kids (3) review (2) vacation (1)

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Monday, tuesday and so it goes..

I spend an hour counselling my flunkie today. He was aspiring to be a chef when we met and I convinced him to take up training instead. He still works with us and 8 months into his job feels that, this is the best thing that happened to him in the last year or so.
This is not the first time I am doing something like this. There are dozens of kids who come to me for counselling when they find themselves at crossroads while graduating. And there are a few who have changed tracks after my sessions with them.
In most of these sessions I try and facilitate the self realization process. It is hard for someone like me, but the fear of the overwhelming responsibility of telling someone what they should do with their lives is too much to deal with.

No comments: