Labels

films (5) food (10) general (19) me (11) motherhood (7) Movie (3) movies (4) myself (2) oscars 2008 (1) pune - kids (3) review (2) vacation (1)

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

wounded soldier

Cleo called me that.. when he first saw me confined to my bed with a slip disc problem.It's been two weeks now. Another week to go says Doc T. Ah Doc T! The sliver lining of the cloud. WE've known him for a long time now. He's treated my mother, mother-in-law and husband. Successful, dynamic, young.. in every respect a modern doctor. He has an amazing bedside manner which would light up the day for any patient of his. He somehow reminds me of all the things I am not but I could have been. Maybe he wears his success on his sleeve and so it's so obvious. Then I look at my son and my remorse melts away.
Actually there is no such thing as slip disc in medical terminology.. it is a layman's term used for any problem associated with the discs.

No comments: