Labels

films (5) food (10) general (19) me (11) motherhood (7) Movie (3) movies (4) myself (2) oscars 2008 (1) pune - kids (3) review (2) vacation (1)

Thursday, February 23, 2006

jamie olivier

I'm in love.. I lo..ove Jamie Oliver - the michelin star chef with a kind heart. I have been watching his shows for the last month or so on an Indian channel. I think it also has a lot to do with the fact that I love European food unlike A who prefers south east asian or chinese.
So far he has me hooked to polenta and homemade desserts- he made this fabulous citrusy chicken flavoured with sage in his last show and served it over polenta. I was hooked! I told SIL to send me some. I usually try out his recipes within a day or two of watching the show so that I don't forget.
I love his casual, boy next door, 'cooking is so easy' effect.
Cooking is something you can't teach anyone. oh there is a lot of studying a chef has to do but despite all the trainng you can either cook or not cook. A chef who says he/she 'watches what he eats' and is obviously not fond of food or not adventurous is not a real chef. Cooking is a blend of an art and science and one has to be naturally sensitized in order to cook well. more on cooking in the next post...

1 comment:

The Outsider said...

Hmm..Well what he cooked on the show was certainly yummy.