Labels

films (5) food (10) general (19) me (11) motherhood (7) Movie (3) movies (4) myself (2) oscars 2008 (1) pune - kids (3) review (2) vacation (1)

Thursday, February 23, 2006

day 4 is'nt so bad

I watched 4 episodes of everybody loves raymond today.back to back on DVD.I loved watching it once a week .I thought watching 4-5 episodes in one go would be fun ! Seinfield is different. I often watch 6-7 episodes in one go and enjoy it. The other thing which I find timeless is yes minister and yes, prime minister .
I am on to bland food for a while. So far I have had kichree, vegetable stew and couscous, congee and sweet corn soup and rice. Not bad, to avoid monotony, so what if I am down with chicken pox.
I think I will finally finish pitching my tent today. Anita Diamant is jewish and I find it fascinating to read about her regular modern jewish-christian home and how she attempts to blend the values of two religions to teach her daughter. I hardly knew anything about the jews for some strange reason except that synagogues are their places of worship. I also saw a movie called keeping the faith where one of the main characters was a rabbi. That was the first insight(though by no means indepth) I got about the jewish way of life. I find all this very intriguing- might just do a small study on jews once I finish the book. BTW that's not the standard reaction people have to 'pitching my tent'. I have spoken to three people who read the book before I did.

No comments: