Labels

films (5) food (10) general (19) me (11) motherhood (7) Movie (3) movies (4) myself (2) oscars 2008 (1) pune - kids (3) review (2) vacation (1)

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Oscars 2006- my pick

My favourite for the Oscars is Brokeback mountain- best picture, cinematography. I loved Munich too but my fears are coming true..does'nt feature on the Oscar award winner predictions too much probably because it is too controversial. Memoirs of the geisha (yes, I have seem this one too!)- best art direction, the contenders for the best costume design are memoirs of the geisha or pride and prejudice.
Best actor - this is the tricky one but Philip Hoffman is definitely the front runner for Capote followed by Joaquin Phoenix for walk the line. I would imagine that it would be difficult to potray an individual who already exists for an actor as versus a character who does'nt.
Unfortunately I have'nt seen all the films of actresses nominated for best actress so I can't pick a favourite, but if I just had to it would be Charlize Theron for north country or Reese Witherspoon for walk the line.Oh and George Clooney has to go home with at least one Oscar- I'm sure he has made history of sorts being nominated for best director for good night and good luck and best supporting actor for Syriana .
I can't go on anymore...I will republish this blog after the ceremony with a link to the list of winners.
Then we can think about an alternative career as a film critic. The only benefit I see is being able to watch thousands and thousands of movies free AS SOON AS THEY ARE RELEASED! For some more professional predictions click here

No comments: