Labels

films (5) food (10) general (19) me (11) motherhood (7) Movie (3) movies (4) myself (2) oscars 2008 (1) pune - kids (3) review (2) vacation (1)

Thursday, March 02, 2006

family matters

My brother and I had an interesting conversation today... He told me about some interesting sites he had discovered and I told him about my surfing results last to last night.
We also discussed usage of slangs in various languages- bengali (spoken in eastern India, which both of us speak fluently having spend almost all our childhood and most of college lives there), hindi and english. My brother seemed pleasantly surprized to discover my comfort level with slangs and the wild side of my life. Unfortunately he was too young, in the days I let my hair down and painted the town(read Kolkata) red, for me to discuss or let him on, on the life I lead.
Actually parenthood and changed both A and me. We've sobered down a lot, in everyway. We have become financially responsible, pared down our social life (A hardly has any, I have a medium sized circle of great friends which is expanding at a snail speed) and picnic out with the kids in the weekends.
Oh and now NSD is staging a play to protest against Bush's visit !

No comments: