Labels

films (5) food (10) general (19) me (11) motherhood (7) Movie (3) movies (4) myself (2) oscars 2008 (1) pune - kids (3) review (2) vacation (1)

Monday, March 20, 2006

Kolkata & the sister

I don't think I can ever get over Kolkata. It is the city where I went to college, landed my first job, had my first real relationship, met and married A, set up my first home and had my baby.It is also a city which taught me values and made me a foodie. My sister and parents-in-laws live there and so do a few relations and friends. We visit Kolkata once or twice a year.
This year we went to Kolkata with an agenda- to spend time with my sister in her new apartment (I usually stay with my in-laws and my sister is very sore about it), take BOJ for a tram and metro ride, Nehru children's museum and the Birla planetarium and of course eat at all the fabulous new places which have opened in Kolkata. We did all but the planetarium.

Sister was happy - for the first time in our lives we went thru 6 days under the same roof without fighting (made both of us feel very 30ish, when my mom called and asked if everything was ok as we were'nt fighting) AND she happened to be the sole focus of our visit. I loved her little apartment and got a peek into the life of a single, hardworking and successful woman. I felt a warm glow of pride seeing the fine young lady she has become.

It was a welcome break from work and my day to day life at home.

No comments: