Labels

films (5) food (10) general (19) me (11) motherhood (7) Movie (3) movies (4) myself (2) oscars 2008 (1) pune - kids (3) review (2) vacation (1)

Thursday, March 02, 2006

day...whatever, I'm still qarantined

Well I had a good day.We concretized plans for cinderella's 21st birthday.
I finally got the US visa application process going.(and of course our chauffeur now thinks he is all set to open his own travel agency given the amount of visa work he has been doing for us - we sent him to the vietnamese embassy in Mumbai last year to submit our documents, and today we send him to deposit a part of the visa application fees) But it does'nt look like we can make the trip this summer, fall is more like it.I read a lot about the US government trying to do something about hastening the US Visa process for the indians but nothing seems to have come thru so far.
I finally watched proof tonight. I think I have finally finished watched all the movies nominated for best picture category for the Oscars. My vote goes to Brokeback mountain/proof or Munich in that order. Surprizingly all the movies have unusual themes this year. On second thoughts, Munich might been a bit too controversial for the Oscars. Check the other Oscars nominees here.
BOJs exams are beginning tommorow. So I risked going to his room perching myself on a blue beanbag and taking his studies. (my kid is smart!)I just have one semi fluid chicken pox left. Should dry up in a day or two.
President Bush arrived in India today.Clearly he seems to be one of the most unpopular US presidents visiting India and he does'nt seem to be doing much here to correct that. Prakash Karat from the CPI is on TV harping on the left's anti US stand as the President lands. They seem so dated and protest about things which half the world does'nt even know exist.What a waste of an articulate, cultured gentleman.

No comments: