Labels

films (5) food (10) general (19) me (11) motherhood (7) Movie (3) movies (4) myself (2) oscars 2008 (1) pune - kids (3) review (2) vacation (1)

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

a lazy tuesday!

decided to take the day off and be a 'mom'. I have been going thru this phase of late when I want to be at home and try being a only mom rather than a juggler which I am on most days.I find this trend extremly alarming but enjoyable. I cleaned up my son's room , did some chauffering around for cinderella, had an afternoon siesta, did a trial for my party on saturday, visited a friend, spend some quality time with sonny boy and watched a chick flick in bed.ON the whole a very well used day.
I'm throwing a lunch on saturday afternoon primarily for the the women folk in the building. It is a only ladies do and I have decided to serve a typical bengali menu..I thought about my original forte- chinese or thai but was adviced against it.So here's the menu:
Sorse maach (fish in mustard gravy)
Kosha mangsho (mutton curry dry) served with luchis (deep fried indian bread)
Sorse begun ( brinjals in a mustard sauce, a fish substitute for vegetarians)
Aloo posto (potatoes with a poppy seeds)
Chaner Dalna ( Cottage Cheese balls in a gravy)
Cholar dal( lentils- dals garnished with coconut peices)
Ghee Bhat/ Luchis
Gulab Jamuns and selection of bengali sweets for deserts
Feeling very satisfied with my menu planning skills.Still racking my brains to make the party interesting. Most of these parties are rather boring.. people come, eat, bitch and go.A non bengali DIL serving authentic bengali food! MIL is hyper.. she has been filling the coffers of BSNL trying to help me to get my menu right.I have scored quite a few brownie points with her in my efforts to learn the finer nuances of the bengali cuisine.

2 comments:

Plumpernickel said...

Hello! Do you have to torture me so? I'm

Plumpernickel said...

Oops, I meant that I really miss the entire food process with you guys. Whats the BIL's latest foodie obssession these days?