Labels

films (5) food (10) general (19) me (11) motherhood (7) Movie (3) movies (4) myself (2) oscars 2008 (1) pune - kids (3) review (2) vacation (1)

Sunday, September 18, 2005

emotional consequences of being a stepmom

I wanted this blog to be a chronicle of my life as a stepmother in India. I thought that was an incredible experience to have considering cinderella and I are only 11 years apart. She calls me by my first name which is a shock to most people, I don't mind..how does it matter what she calls me, the acceptance is more important.
We often encounter strange looks, questions and awakard situtions . We all have our ways of dealing with this.Cinderella enjoys shocking people. Now I do too.
But I write about other things too. Currently this is the highlight so I guess it dominates .
S thinks I need therapy . She happened to see me through in a foul mood because I had'nt heard from A for 5 days (he is travelling). We usually speak everday whenever he is travelling. Even after being married for 6 years, I am obessesed with him. I over expect and collapse when he does'nt give in. To me he's perfect in so many ways .. just not for me. I don't think he knows what to do with me except just love me.It was very difficult for me to have his daughter stay with us but I did it only because I could'nt see him unhappy.I don't know what I expected him to do..but it was certainly not nothing. My irritation with him has strange manifestations and I need therapy before it goes out of control.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hah! Found your blog even though you didn't tell me yesterday.

*Smirk*

Bets

Anonymous said...

Nice start...

(Check the typos though)

;)

Bets

Plumpernickel said...

{{{{HUGS}}}}