Labels

films (5) food (10) general (19) me (11) motherhood (7) Movie (3) movies (4) myself (2) oscars 2008 (1) pune - kids (3) review (2) vacation (1)

Saturday, November 26, 2005

raving and rantings of my corporate world

I fired someone today.
Did I feel bad about it ? NO
Am I comfortable with not feeling bad about it? NO

I think she deserved to go.I have always considered firing someone a personal insult.I think that I could have done a better job at not getting to this stage.

I have to deal with a lot of young people as a part of my job.Usually I feel very old when I do so except for a few exceptions.I do not understand the expectations of this generation. They always seem to expect without doing anything return.It is always what the college, the parents, the organizations (they work for ), the government should do for them. Most I have spoken to have attributed it to the age. 'They will mature with age' the wise ones tell me..

No comments: