Labels

films (5) food (10) general (19) me (11) motherhood (7) Movie (3) movies (4) myself (2) oscars 2008 (1) pune - kids (3) review (2) vacation (1)

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

NY, London, Paris, Delhi.. where does this stop

I am an aethist. I have always been one.I will never stand up , fight,marry (I'm married but hypothetically speaking), write, hire or fire, trust or mistrust any one for a religious cause. At least that is what I thought till NY, London,Paris and Delhi happened.
What is it with the Moslems? No religion can ever teach any one to kill innnocents, create terror, hijack planes and crash them into buildings.Why would a CTU (counter terrorist unit) first start searching for suspects under 'Muslim fundamentalists groups' everytime something like this happens?
I was returning from a movie show with a friend late one night.As the car was parked a little far away from the theater, we decided to take an auto to the car.When we approached the autos, we saw a bunch of auto drivers all trying to give us a better deal. One of them was this muslim chap.. distintively so dressed in a kurta and a high (typical of hyderabadi muslims) pyjama, sporting a beard. I could feel a chill going down my spine as soon as I saw him. We got into another auto to get to the car.
I am not to sure of the 'trust and misttrust' bit anymore.

1 comment:

Plumpernickel said...

Come on! My experience has been quite the contrary. I would have gotten into the muslim guys auto. I have found most of them much more courteous, well-behaved and not at all lecherous unlike Hindu auto drivers who seem to be the worst riff-raff possible. I feel that people on the streets are fairly harmless, its the politicians who I am scared of.