Labels

films (5) food (10) general (19) me (11) motherhood (7) Movie (3) movies (4) myself (2) oscars 2008 (1) pune - kids (3) review (2) vacation (1)

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Back at work, at last...

I am back to work at last.. did I miss it? Yes and no.
I was liking spending time at home, being able to watch movies , getting up really late, chatting endlessly with friends on the phone and the like, but I have always enjoyed work. And no, I am definitely not an workoholic.I have a 'LIFE' outside work.I have great friends, hobbies and a great family. And yes, I like keeping my house well- my refrigerator is well stocked, my house is usually well kept.We do make an sincere attempt to keep it neat, tidy and asthetic.
To me keeping a house is just another job that I need to do well. I have been blessed with decent household help so my typical week day goes like this..
0530-0700 hrs.packing off B(my son) to school,workout regime(these days that has been replaced by an early morning power nap).
Once my day maid comes in at 0700 hrs, I have my tea brought to me along with the newspapers (all this goes haywire when A is around)
I have my early morning tea with A and we read our respective newspapers (we get 5 of them everyday).
Once he leaves anytime between 0730 and 0800 hrs, I organize the house for the day..
0800-0845 hrs I have a mini conference in the kitchen with the housekeeper, day maid, the nanny and sometimes the chauffeur . The meals for the day, the cleaning jobs, the laundry and any organizing for an upcoming party, house guests, festivals, travel (packing/ unpacking) or upcoming staff leaves is done.
I do all my assorted errands such as writing cheques, making phonecalls and instructing the maids.
0845-0915 hrs- getting ready for work
I leave for work anytime between 0830-0930 hrs depending on my schedule for the day.
Once my organizing in the morning is done I don't really need to do much to have the house running. My only inputs are cooking (which happens almost everyday especially if A is not around) and ocassional therauptic cleaning.
So,I had the whole day to myself till B came back from school at 1330 hrs. I would have lunch with him and then it was back in to my movies and sundry errands while B napped in the afternoon.
The life I lead was good for a holiday but not the life I would like to lead.
I need to have a purpose.. that's what keeps me going. Life seems more purposeful and organized when I am working.I like juggling a zillion things through the day. That's me!

No comments: