Labels

films (5) food (10) general (19) me (11) motherhood (7) Movie (3) movies (4) myself (2) oscars 2008 (1) pune - kids (3) review (2) vacation (1)

Saturday, July 17, 2010

beet and gajor chechki.. an colorful bengali side dish



This is recipe nor the next one are originals. They have appeared on my blog because I tried them out and they were a hit with friends and family. The photos are original though!


I usually use 3 beetroots and 2 medium sized carrots.


Some green chillies: slit


kalo jeera (nigella seeds)


salt: to taste


tumeric and chilli powder - to taste


Cut the beetroots and the carrots into matchstick size pieces.


Heat about 1 teaspoon of oil in a kadai or pan. Once the oil is smoking, put the green chillies and kalo jeers (about1.5 teasp) till they start spluttering.


Put the carrot and beetroot in the kadai, stir well, cover and let it cook for a while


Once the veggies are cooked slightly, add the salt, tumeric and chilli powder and stir. Cover and cook till well done.


Really, it is that simple.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

seems a easy one for me to try out!Thanks!!