Labels

films (5) food (10) general (19) me (11) motherhood (7) Movie (3) movies (4) myself (2) oscars 2008 (1) pune - kids (3) review (2) vacation (1)

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

the highs and the lows of learning

I was averse towards developing myself technologically.. probably just a mental block.

So last year I decided to stop depending on others and learn to do things by myself.

So here is what all I learnt :

1. uploading images from a camera (after aquiring a digital camera)
2. loading the ipod (after acquiring one - a gift from A)
3. burning/copying CDs (after being given a laptop in my last job)
4. Scanning documents

I have considered them small achievements looking at the value they brought into my life just like driving did 4 years back.

I gave up my new job and landed myself a new one. Most of the stuff I will be dealing with is stuff I have never done before. I had arrived at a learning plateau in my old job. The situation scared me. I don't know if it was a lack of learning opportunities or the unwillingness to find them. anyway it was time to move on.

Today I learnt to chat. I chatted with my ex colleagues and my brother while going through a pile of resumes..like a true wet behind the ears chat(ter) I used emoticons with every sentence I typed..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Bubbleandsqueak,

I have been reading your blog for a long time now. Just wanted to say Hi and wish you all the best in your new job. And I do hope you will continue posting.

Cheers,
Passerby