Labels

films (5) food (10) general (19) me (11) motherhood (7) Movie (3) movies (4) myself (2) oscars 2008 (1) pune - kids (3) review (2) vacation (1)

Friday, January 20, 2006

new years eve

went off very well. We had a small dinner at home with a few close friends and then went out to Kiva for a few drinks with A, cleo and S and their friends. A seemed surprizingly spirited. I don't know what it was.. the drinks, new years eve or me. I like to believe it was me, of course.The dinner was a huge hit and the kids had a blast too. They put up an impromptu music concert with BOJ strumming his guitar in a very Jimi Hendrix style, Yamu singing in a very opera singer fashion standing on a stool and the other two girls at the drums with one drumstick each! they sang a few christmas carols followed by some very convent school numbers .BOJ then told Yamu.. "okay, now sing some mark knofler songs ". I wonder if Mr. Knofler is aware of what of the effect his music has on 5 yr olds.
Kiva: Well this is a little known lounge bar in our side of town. What I love about the place is the music.. very 70-80s sort of stuff, surprizing, the DJ looks hardly 20. Nice loungy meditereany ambience. good crowd.

No comments: