Labels

films (5) food (10) general (19) me (11) motherhood (7) Movie (3) movies (4) myself (2) oscars 2008 (1) pune - kids (3) review (2) vacation (1)

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Jagtap Nursery

is easily one of the best nurseries I have been to in Pune. I can't think of anything that they don't have and no I don't mean just the plants.
It makes a brilliant case study in customer orientation. Rows and rows of healthy looking plants, smart and articulate sales ladies in large straws hats showing you around and answering whatever questions you may have. Coffee machines, a small refrigerator stocked with juices and sodas should you feel hot and thirsty after walking around, carts to carry around your plants, a small rack full of flyers that tell you how to care for your plants. Not to forget the accesories section.Pots of every size and shape you can think of. Stacks of manure of different kinds, in bags of various sizes.Gardening tools, implements, moss sticks,watering cans, shears, really one can easily turn into an avid gardener after a few trips there.
The place never ceases to amaze me every time I go there. Needless to say I end up buying much more than I intended to(the place accepts credit cards!). And yes, all the plants I have ever bought there are doing very well, thank you.

For some reason it reminds me of the book " the norstrom way"

4 comments:

Mayur said...

can you please give me Jagtap nursery address? natumayur@gmail.com. Thanks in advance.

Mayur said...

can you please give me Jagtap nursery address? natumayur@gmail.com. Thanks in advance.

kiwiandkitsch said...

I don't have their address, but this is their phone number :
91-20-2636 3432.
Do let me know if you are familiar with Pune.I can give you some general directions.

Anonymous said...

The address is available at their website!
http://jagtapnursery.com/contact.html
Have a Green Life ;-)