Labels

films (5) food (10) general (19) me (11) motherhood (7) Movie (3) movies (4) myself (2) oscars 2008 (1) pune - kids (3) review (2) vacation (1)

Monday, January 03, 2011

2010 and how we ended it ....

So new years eve was small and intimate. This time, without anybody I felt compelled to have a conversation with, (and if you know me well, I am not the kinds who finds having a conversation with ANYONE that difficult, but there have been people and there have been moments....), thankfully. A small group of friends, a bornfire and some great food and wine at a friend's place, so did'nt start the new year spending half the night in the kitchen cleaning up and not entirely sober, for once. (In India, guests don't help in cleaning up, including close friends because of cheaply available help)

Some events that shook my world a little this year:

1. A's medical procedure

2. Realization of how much A and I meant to each other (as a result)

3. Being unemployed for most of the year.

4. Realising I didn't have a back-up plan in case my current plan of going back to work did'nt come through.

5. Finally finding a live-in maid who looks like she means business and most importantly is here to stay. (In India, that's passport to freedom)

6. Finally agreed on refurbishing plans and got most of it done by year end. (I am one of those women who takes joy and pride in her home )

7. For the first time in my life possessed a small car and discovered the joys of doing so.

8. For the first time, learnt to laugh at myself and felt good doing it!

9. Had a blast with my sister for about a week who counselled me on taking myself a little more seriously than I did.

10. Exercised without a major break for almost 9 months (If only I could diet that long too, would have dropped 3 sizes instead of just one!)

11. Learned the joys of internet shopping.

12.Learnt the importance of insurance policies and actually managed to have claims paid substantially.

13. Organising paperwork and taking a closer look at finances.

14. Learnt to manage money better.

15. Finally got parents-in-laws to agree to move closer to us.

here's looking forward to another eventful year.....

No comments: