Labels

films (5) food (10) general (19) me (11) motherhood (7) Movie (3) movies (4) myself (2) oscars 2008 (1) pune - kids (3) review (2) vacation (1)

Sunday, August 13, 2006

the week..II

So I am not very good at writing travelogues..
The best part of our trip was the day we spend in Birmingham at the Aston university - my husband's alma mater.
It was a trip down memory lane for A. We managed to locate his first apartment - Vauxhall court now known as Vauxhall house, the pub he downed several beers on Saturday afternoons - sack of potatoes, the Aston business school and the computer science center - now much larger, modernised and richer .
A insisted we buy something from BHS at the market square , for old memories sake..he shopped there often as a student 24 years back. So we picked up a dress for me and a tee for Cinderella in similar prints.
We watched one of the football world cup matches at a pub called 'Shakespeare' while waiting for our ride back to London. The atmosphere was infectious..For once I felt inclined to follow the world cup. maybe I would have if I stayed in London longer.
The train ride from London to Birmingham offers fabulous views of the lush green english countryside. I wish we could have spend some more time driving around the countryside, maybe next time.

No comments: